Valiant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valiant Legion Website

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sniper Guide

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamie
Admin
Jamie

Sniper Guide Empty
PostSubject: Sniper Guide   Sniper Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:48 pm

http://aika-tools.6.ql.bz/skill/en/skill.html?j=snp&l=50&s=10ca5a100701111000000&r=g7f0a8e0

According to

I just wanna spend some time to summarize my whole guide. These are some important things you need to know:

Vids:
Rupture damage( latest one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKKXGzc91dw

Battle field vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGpwk_5A2fY

pvp/honor farming at lvl 59:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ym-wmtDCdo

pvp/honor farming at lvl 50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N15sNIQi5g

pvp honor farming at lvl 45-48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7l_hTojqE

PVE at low lvl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdvRmnrZk9s

PVE after lvl 51:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CXyCF5t23s

Quick LME run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5mv7xHE ... re=channel

Zant hell guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hII3uEbS3t0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWoHP5YEITE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_6XA6BsCEI

Leg shot PWN!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtu3qK5FIr4

Regarding Mount stone

Mount stones good for rm are +145 skill max attack/10 agi/ 32 physical attack

I manage to test out the 2 mount stone
+32 physical attack vs +145 skill max attack. (10 agi gives about 29-30 physical attack and 1 extra crit rate) However, you don’t get +3 crit rate for stacking 3 agi stones.
Here is the result. I hope this will help some1 try to decide which stone to put on mount.

If you ask my opinion about which stone is better for rm, I would say the +145 skill max attack.

update on new assassin build:

Max stealth!! ( must be lvl 59+. Dont max it if you are not lvl 59+).

sonic blast doesnt work well in predator anymore. Good player can see where the sonic blast come from and figure out your location.

base on my own experience, we have miss problem with player using Air pran. Very frustrated at some time lol. I am currently testing out max concentration to counter player with air pran.

Go solo honor farming in Darkrane and higher lvl map is hard if you dont have predator and max stealth. Mobs everywhere and they hurt as fk. It is ok to honor farm their if you have a group.

I can tell you about the 2 builds I was currently working on and 1 build that I wanted to test out but I didnt have time.

1. all out dps build
http://aika-tools.6.ql.bz/skill/en/skil ... r=gdjchijo

I wanted to use this build but I face big problem with "Miss Hit"

2. improve miss rate build(currently using)

http://aika-tools.6.ql.bz/skill/en/skil ... r=gd9sf7ul

I dont miss much with this build. However, I have to give up the damage from Ambush.

Few important note on my builds:

you can see that I have max stealth(only recommend to have max stealth after you reach lvl 59). Why?
1. max stealth give you the flexibility to easilt run around high lvl map. Trust me, you dont wanna run around AshWood or Darkrane by yourself w/o stealth.
2. Max stealth give you the extra time to get your self in good position before using Predator. Players can see you using predator, therefore you want to get to their blind spots before you cast predator. Casting predator right infront of Players is a big NO!
3. Max stealth increases your survivability. RMs are very vulnerable w/o stealth. There is way to get RM stay in Stealth infinitely. Let's me show you some calculation: If you have relics -10% cool down, 10% increase duration and -4% cool down on your weapon. Your stealth/predator will have 103 secs cool down. Your predator last 22 secs and your stealth last 66secs. Your total time in stealth is 88secs. You only need to wait 15secs to use predator again. So you are in Stealth for almost all the time.
Let’s say if your nation manage to get the cool down relics to lvl3, you will stay in stealth forever!! People have very hard time to find me in Arena because if I am the last one. They only have about 15secs to find me before I get back in stealth mode .

max concentration to counter players use Air pran. I think there will be more people(pal/war/cler/Warlock) using Air pran later on because Air pran> Water pran in many way. I really hate player use air pran. once time, I miss 3 skills in a row ><.

Rifle smash is obsolete after you get predator(lvl 59)

Regarding head shot skill.

I had tested out max headshot build a week ago. The problem I have with max head shot at lvl 59:
1. target run out of range before the casting animation complete.
2. the damage comparing to hollow point isnt big. 1-1.3k more in normal damage and 2-2.5k more in crit. Lets say my HP crit 6k, Headshot only crit for max 8.5k.
I can cast HP+ rupture(assuming they are both crit) for 6k+3k=9k damage.
If you target a War or a DG, They can have enough time to put up a parry or sidestep.
I would use headshot if it can crit for at least 12k. Why? it take more than double the time to cast HP so it should have at least double the damage. However, Its damage is pathetic in term of dps.

3. my main targets when I am in Predator are RM/DG/Cleric/WL(with 1 or 2 buff only. It is hard to remove Mana shield if the WL has more than 2buffs). It is easier to kill a RM or DG because most dg and rm use Fire pran. Many Clerics and WLs using Air pran now. It is hard to hit them lol

5secs stun from ambush is not enough to cast headshot. the stun only last about 4-4.5secs. War/dg can put on parry/side step. Dg/RM can hide. Cleric can put on AA or lvl 59 skill. Pal can put on reflect.

my hollow point has 5sec cooldown. I cast it once, I need to wait 3secs to cast it again.
with 4secs stun from Ambush I can cast rupture+legshot+another hp= 9k+ damage > headshot damage. ( you can see this in my Aika RM damage wise vid- I did 6.4k hp, 1k leg + 1k rupture ( non-crit) on Xiara.

Regarding terminate + pin point

I was bored to day soI logged back in Aika to test out the 3rd build.

The use of Pinpoint+ terminate didnt work out well for me.

I prefer to keep around 4-5 main dps skill. With these 2 additional skills, I find it very hard to use a long side with HP/LegShot/Knockout shot/Rapture/IR.

Maybe it is because of my Fingers arent long enough lol.

The 2nd reason that I dont like them because they screwed up my whole skills cycle. I messed up lol. I use to cycle HP/ambush/leg shot/rapture/hollow point/knock out shot/rapture/IR/HP.
or normal shot to cancel parry/side step/ambush/HP/Leg shot/knock out shot/Rapture/IR/HP
If you get a -4% cd on weapon, you will be able to cycle them pretty fast.

so let me do some damage calculation here:
Pin point+ terminate take about 2.5secs cast time total.
-Max Terminate does around 2.6k damage and 5.2k crit.( side note: Pint point +terminate dont work all the time. Remember you can only use terminate if the target hp is below the HP threshold.)
-Leg shot+ rapture take about 2 secs cast time total:
Rapture does around 1k damage and 2k crit.
Leg shot does around 1.4k damage and 2.8k crit.

Even though the total damage of leg shot+ rapture is lower than max Terminate, I still prefer Leg shot+ rapture because I am guarantee in that 2-2.5 secs I can deal some damage. I also dont need to take out skill points from other skill to get pin point+ terminate.

I also mentioned that lvl 1 rupture is >> lvl 6 pinpoint.

you can see in the vid that my lvl 1 rupture do 900-2.3k depend on crit or non-crit.
you can argue that oh you dont have a +11 gun. However if you working to your end game gears, you should at least aiming for a +8 or +9 weapon.
You will only do 100-200 less damage.
Anyway, let go back to the usefulness of pinpoint.
Pinpoint will reduce target x crit resistance, and It brings the target hp threshold for using terminate 10%+ depend on its lvl.

targets hp are vary atm depend on class. the hp range from 5k-19k atm. The average HP for each players are around 10k.
Lets assume all the target has 10k hp.

we gonna compare the lvl 1 rupture with lvl 1 pinpoint. 1st they are bost instant cast.
2nd.
lvl 1 rupture would do 900-2.2 k damage depend on crit or not in average. let say the target has 3-4khp left. if we can cast a lvl 1 rupture, the target hp will drop below 2.5k. This will trigger terminate.( passed the 25% hp threshold) However, your terminate will only need to deal 2.5k damage or less to take down the target.

lvl 1 pinpoint, you cast to the target lvl 1 pin pint, terminate will trigger when target has 3.5k hp left(35%). However, Terminate will need to deal 3.5k damage in order to take down the target. Beside, not all targets have 10k hp. The HP threshold increase depend on the target hp. on the other hand, lvl 1 rupture do stable damage.

I tried my best to explain this. I hope this will help new players to decide that they should have pinpoint weakness skill or not

HH accs set vs Honor Accs set

You can compare with Honor Accs set (Compare the light blue Bonus. HH only has 2 while Honors accs have 3) HH has whole set effect but they arent that good except for the +3crit rate and chance of removing a buff.

HH is not like really better than Honors accs. They just "tradable".
Honor accessory actually boost your damage a lot more Smile
Good thing about Honor sets are if a hacker got in your account, they gain nothing except for few pennies Smile

spike damage come from HP when its crit. Get your HP crit rate higher in order to see more spike damage.

Look up in my "longest post" You ll see the 2 builds I use.

I am currently using the 2nd one ( improve hit rate)

To sum up

I cant “draw some picture or scenario” to show how my build works. However, I put all my build in practical experience.
Here are some ss to prove you that my builds works. You don’t need head shot neither pin point debuff. 6vs6 is consideedr small scale pvp however 24vs24 is consider like a large scale pvp. So as long as you know where your rm should be, you will get the kill.
These ss are a while ago at lvl 50 Cap. Unfortunately, there isn’t any BG nowadays, I cant show you how awesome RM with lvl 59 skill in BG Smile
You can also check my pvp videos.

Question and answer:

sirxanxus wrote:1-So Headshot is pointless than? Or just not good atm caus of lv cap?
2-How do you feel about Legshot?
3-What gear is the best atm to get?

1. headshot is useless because its dps suks. 5secs cast time is a big NO.

2. Leg shot is a good skills. However I dont have enough point to max it. Its should be max before you reach lvl 59. After you reach lvl 59, you can lower its lvl and focus on improving your miss rate.

3. Depends. I would say HH/CH gears are best because after you put your effort on upgrading them, craft them, you can resell later. HOWEVER, if you are not either really rich or you have a very good dungeon pt, your chance of getting the whole set is very slim. I used to have a very good pt. Our pt was one of the 1st 5 pts completed ZH. We scattered now. Some quit, I have to work, We couldnt keep up with the meeting schedule everyday. It is very irritating when some1 show up late lol.
Honors gears are good in boosting your dps vs other nation. They are relatively easy to get. RMs are good at honor farming. The only down side is that you cant resell them. SO what I do with my Honor gears, I only upgrade them to +3. Since RM is not a tanker, we just need high damage. high + gears dont help much Smile. I get a good weapon and I am good to go Smile. I still using lvl 50 honor weapon.

A lot people was laughing at me when I was the 1st one get lvl 50 +11 honor weapons. They were like that a waste or some1 even call me a "noob with +11 honor weapon" Smile but you can see now, a lot people with +11 honor weapon. I have +11 lvl 50 honor weapon 2weeks afer OB and I FULLY enjoy it till now. A lot people realize its real power later on and +11 it.
If you use the cash shop crit rate crystal on honor weapon, you ll get +5% crit rate total Smile.

Anyway, I dont think it is up to most RMS to chose what gears they want because CH/HH gears are hard to get. If you are an average player with no Gpot and you dont have good dungeon pt, I recommend you to get the full honors set lvl 55*. gears need to be +3. try to +5 or 6 the weapon. Good luck!

this is my current gears if you havent seen it:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17571

sirxanxus wrote:So am sorry to be bugging you with all these questions, but still got a few more.
1-Whats the best acc. atm in game?
Is it worth it to get Honor 55 acc. and enchant each with +3 crit
2-So you actually use concentrate? (and what lv)
3-Whats a good all around build for pvp/pve?
4-Am lv 54 have legshot lv6, and nvr rlly used legshot but most Rm criticized me for not having it so started using it at 51. Though your saying somewhat the opposite of most Rm I heard. For one you use Concentrate as well,and dnt use Legshot that much. So are you saying there wrong?

1-best acc atm in game would be lvl 50 HH acc set. ( Again, You need to be super rich or need to have an awesome pt to get the whole set). LVL 55 honor accs are ok if you have extra medal of Heroes(You can stick with lvl 50 Honor accs if you already have them. The differences between 2 sets are not significant). They are not bad comparing to HH accs. They give boost damage vs other nation.

2- Yes. I maxed it just for the Hit rate. What the point of HP crit 8k if your miss rate is high?

3- You shouldnt look for a good round pve/pvp build. You just focus on one at the time. Let's say Focus on pve first by maxing Sonic blast and IR. They ll help you lvl faster(You can watch my pve vid for lvling after lvl 51). When you get to your desire lvl, you can switch to full pvp build. Full pvp build do very well in dungeon because most Hell dungeon, we only take 1-2 mobs at the time. Our single target skills are great in there. You can also lvl in Arena. If you have good build with spike damage, you can manage to get good exp for just few mins in there.

4- Leg shot is a very good skill vs melee class such as Warrior or Paladin or cleric. I suggested you to max leg shot before you reach lvl 59. After you reach lvl 59 you ll get predator! you want to improve your hit rate during that 20secs you in predator. The miss rate is ridiculous when you get higher lvl. (you can go for eagle eyes also. It is up to your personal preference). I wish I could have enough skill to max leg shot as well but I dont. If there are extra point, I will definite max leg shot when lvl cap get higher.
Back to top Go down
https://valiant.forummotion.com
Jamie
Admin
Jamie

Sniper Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniper Guide   Sniper Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Tier 1 Skills (Min Lvl 1)

Countdown

Cause great damage 3 seconds after the enemy was hit.

Countdown

Cause great damage 3 seconds after the enemy was hit.

01/13

Rupture

Reduce the physical defense of the target.

Rupture

Reduce the physical defense of the target.

00/12

Hollow Point

High damage skill but takes 2 seconds to cast and have 12 seconds cooldown.

Hollow Point

High damage skill but takes 2 seconds to cast and have 12 seconds cooldown.

12/12

Leg Shot

Low damage skill but also cause slow effect on the target.

Leg Shot

Low damage skill but also cause slow effect on the target.

10/10

Stealth

You can hide even in battle but your movement speed is reduced and can't use skills.

Stealth

You can hide even in battle but your movement speed is reduced and can't use skills.

05/10

Hawk Eye

Selfbuff that increase attack power.

Hawk Eye

Selfbuff that increase attack power.

10/10

Tier 2 Skills (Min Lvl 17)

Crimson Bullet

Cause poison effect on the target.

Crimson Bullet

Cause poison effect on the target.

01/09

Eagle Eye

Selfbuff that increase hit rate and crit rate.

Eagle Eye

Selfbuff that increase hit rate and crit rate.

00/08

Concentration

Passive skill that lower the chances of lose the focus when charging a skill.

Concentration

Passive skill that lower the chances of lose the focus when charging a skill.

00/08

Sharpshooter

Passive skill that increase the crit rate.

Sharpshooter

Passive skill that increase the crit rate.

07/07

Incendiary Round

AoE skill that also seal the targets skills temporally.

Incendiary Round

AoE skill that also seal the targets skills temporally.

00/07

Ambush

Skill that must be used in hidden state. cause a great damage and may stun the target.

Ambush

Skill that must be used in hidden state. cause a great damage and may stun the target.

01/06

Tier 3 Skills (Min Lvl 32)

Terminate

Cause big damage if the target is near death.

Terminate

Cause big damage if the target is near death.

01/05

Sonic Blast

Straight line AoE

Sonic Blast

Straight line AoE

01/05

Rifle Smash

Fast cast skill that may cause stun.

Rifle Smash

Fast cast skill that may cause stun.

01/04

Pinpoint Weakness

Reduce the target evasion and rise your hit rate.

Pinpoint Weakness

Reduce the target evasion and rise your hit rate.

00/04

Deploy Turret

Create a bot that attack the near enemies automatically.

Deploy Turret

Create a bot that attack the near enemies automatically.

00/03

Headshot

Slow cast skill that cause a very high damage o the target.

Headshot

Slow cast skill that cause a very high damage o the target.

00/03

Back to top Go down
https://valiant.forummotion.com
Artemis101

Artemis101

Sniper Guide Empty
PostSubject: THANKS!   Sniper Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:12 pm

This guide helps a lot! Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
Parabellum
Admin
Parabellum

Sniper Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniper Guide   Sniper Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:30 pm

I personally prefer to have that point in Terminate used in Incendiary Round.
Click here for my build.
Back to top Go down
forsakengail

forsakengail

Sniper Guide Empty
PostSubject: =P   Sniper Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:39 am

YUI-chan is soooo cute like mee ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sniper Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniper Guide   Sniper Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down